Since its foundation in 1993, the Art Center has pursued a number of inter-disciplinary activities relating to the fine arts, music, bodily expression, and literature. At the same time it investigates the possibilities and problems with the current state of creative and cultural activities, such as arts management and archival practices in contemporary society. Since 2007, we have placed a particular emphasis on organizing courses related to our various research expertize, both through courses at the Art Center, and through the various lectures and seminars offered by Art Center fellows, at Keio University Mita Campus.
This year we are organizing a special seminar series on art archives, taking place on Fridays at Mita Campus Classroom 521. This course is organized as part of the University’s educational program, and is therefore only open to those affiliated with the University.
- アート・アーカイヴ特殊講義, 特殊講義演習
- Calligraphy and Books of Zen Priests
- Hijikata Tatsumi as Trickster / “Rebellion of the Body”1968--2018
- Visits to Urban Temples: The History and Culture of Affiliated Temples of Zojoji
- KUAC Cinematheque 2 x "Pleating Machine" Issue 1
- Lecture-concert: Stradivarius -- Three centuries of master craftsmanship and musical heritage
- Visits to Urban Temples: Lecture and Zazen (meditation) Workshop at Ryugen-ji Temple