ポートフォリオ BUTOH は、暗黒舞踏に関する理解と解明を目指すプロジェクトである。2007 年上映会「土方巽舞踏大解剖」などを皮切りに、「土の土方像と水滴の時間」としてインスタレーション制作、「Project Rebirth || 幻の万博映画『誕生』」にて万博フィルムの研究など、多彩な企画を実現してきた。2015 年国際パフォーマンス・スタディーズ学会の青森開催に至るなど、精力的な活動を継続している。
- Shuzo Takiguchi Research Group
Started in 2021 and held once a month, this research group aims to historically position Shuzo Takiguchi and explore the potentiality of his activity via his archival materials in KUAC.
- Junzaburo Nishiwaki Research Seminar
Junzaburo Nishiwaki Research Seminar was founded in 2012 by Toshikazu Niikura, a former professor at Meiji Gakuin University and visiting researcher at Keio University Art Center, who was also the donator of materials. Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month (except February and August).
- Mandala Musica
Mandala musica is a research seminar that serves as a platform to approach “music” from various angles. It consists of five main projects ongoing in collaboration with each other. The purpose of this seminar is to reexamine the meaning of "music" from a broad and fundamental perspective and to study the role that music can play in today's academic fields and in social life in general, from both theoretical and practical perspectives. We also organize a variety of experimental workshops to create a synergy between academia and the arts.
- Arts Management Education
We discuss issues and concerns with the current state of arts management, inviting researchers from within and outside the university, as well as arts managers, and managers of public corporations, in order to develop a model for our research curriculum.
- Trans Cultural Art Research Seminar
This seminar focuses on the shifts occurring in interdisciplinary arts and performance practices. We engage in related societal issues, such as identity, through analyzing model groups of practicing artists within the contemporary cultural scene.
- Forms of Sensation Research Seminar
We consider various issues relating to contemporary society: the implications of electronic media imagery, the loss of reality that occurs when flooded by representations, and the danger this poses to the consciousness. In particular, we consider the serious implications to those born and raised within this contemporary environment. Various factors are contributing to the gradual loss of our “sensibility of living.” In the face of such a reality, we have to consider how we can facilitate this “sensibility of living” through the use of representational or image techniques, such as art, music, and design. With these various issues in mind, the seminar aims to cross genre-boundaries, without taking recourse to traditional educational frameworks. It seeks out the possibility for communication between previous and contemporary experiences of living, using art as its medium.
- Contemporary Art Research Seminar
The Art Center takes a number of approaches to the various problems relating to contemporary art and to the relationship between art and society. The archives we manage also contain a number of materials relating to contemporary art. Our main seminars aim to research various issues relating to contemporary art through cooperative exchanges between the people onsite – its artists and curators. Finally, we engage in researching and investigating the theory and the practice of archiving contemporary art materials.
- Research Group on Morphology of Archives
This seminar began in July 2008, with a handful of archivists and literary specialists from Keio University Art Center wanting to consider “the conceptual notion of constructing an archive."
- Artist VoiceⅢ Tetsuro Komai: Etched Lines, Unleashed Strokes
- The Social World of Butoh Dance: Screening an Unseen Performance from the 1970s
- "Back to the Future: Record the Future 2"––Collective Memory 3 Technical Edition (2 sessions): Workshop for co-exploring local culture and memories through video material
- See, Learn and Recognize Cultural Properties in Minato City: Workshop on Local Architecture
- The 38th Anniversary of Hijikata Tatsumi’s Death: Talking together about Hijikata Tatsumi
- Takiguchi Shuzo 120th Anniversary Exhibition: Books as a Wilson- Lincoln System
- Takiguchi Shuzo 120th Anniversary Exhibition Memorial Symposium: Shuzo Takiguchi Research Group Special Meeting──Papier plié 01: Making a tableau of the hinge (like a music scale or a book......)
- Artist Voice III: Tetsuro Komai x Cultural Narrative of a City Talk & Workshop