Junzaburo Nishiwaki Research Seminar
Junzaburo Nishiwaki Research Seminar was founded in 2012 by Toshikazu Niikura, a former professor at Meiji Gakuin University and visiting researcher at Keio University Art Center, who was also the donator of materials. Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month (except February and August).
Third Monday of every month (except February and August).
Since the establishment and opening of the "Junzaburo Nishiwaki Collection" at the Keio University Art Center in 2012, this seminar has been held continuously as a private study group, but later on, grew to become an official seminar in 2016. It welcomes various poets, researchers, and translators as members. Each meeting has a theme selected and presented by a member and followed by the discussion among the group. The aim of this seminar is to explore the depths of Junzaburo Nishiwaki's world of poetry by analyzing his works and theories from a variety of angles. Additionally, the annual "Ambarvalia Festival” serves as an opportunity to utilize the materials of the Junzaburo Nishiwaki collection and to promote the activities of each member. By 2019, a total of 50 meetings have been held, and audio recordings of them are also added to the collection.
- Coming Ambarvalia XⅢ:
- Ambarvalia XII: Junzaburo Nishiwaki and Femininity— Remembering Chika Sagawa
- Poetry is waiting to be translated?!
- Ambarvalia X ：Junzaburo Nishiwaki and the future of poetry
- Artist VoiceⅢ Tetsuro Komai: Etched Lines, Unleashed Strokes
- The Social World of Butoh Dance: Screening an Unseen Performance from the 1970s
- "Back to the Future: Record the Future 2"––Collective Memory 3 Technical Edition (2 sessions): Workshop for co-exploring local culture and memories through video material
- See, Learn and Recognize Cultural Properties in Minato City: Workshop on Local Architecture
- The 38th Anniversary of Hijikata Tatsumi’s Death: Talking together about Hijikata Tatsumi
- Takiguchi Shuzo 120th Anniversary Exhibition: Books as a Wilson- Lincoln System
- Takiguchi Shuzo 120th Anniversary Exhibition Memorial Symposium: Shuzo Takiguchi Research Group Special Meeting──Papier plié 01: Making a tableau of the hinge (like a music scale or a book......)
- Artist Voice III: Tetsuro Komai x Cultural Narrative of a City Talk & Workshop
- Ambarvalia XⅢ: