Keio University Art Space [KUAS]
The Keio University Art Space (KUAS) is located on the ground floor of the Art Center, situated across the road from Mita Campus Main Gate. It consists of a small exhibition space, which presents a variety of temporary exhibitions: artworks from the university collections, research and study related documents, Art Center archive collections, and contemporary artworks. We aim for the space to provide an opportunity for exchange between the university and the general public. It is usually open from Monday to Friday, 10:00-17:00, but please verify the opening hours for the current exhibition online before visiting.
Current / Forthcoming Exhibition
The Man who Transmitted Zen to the World—Soyen Shaku and Modern Japan
Books and Calligraphies by Zen Monks
- Introduction to Archives XVI: The Shadow in a Marginalia: Shuzo Takiguchi’s Room Talk Event
- Introduction to Archives XIV "KAMAITACHI and TASHIRO" Symposium and Talk
- Ohno Yoshito Butoh Lecture & Performance BUTOH: A WAY OF LIFE
Forthcoming exhibitions Exhibition schedule
Keio University Art Space
2-15-45, Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 108-8345
Phone 03-5427-1621 Fax 03-5427-1620
See larger map
- The Man who Transmitted Zen to the World—Soyen Shaku and Modern Japan
- Gallery Talk
- Special Events at Ex-Noguchi Room
- Books and Calligraphies by Zen Monks
- Introduction to the Galleries in Keio: Lecture and Guided tour "Soyen Shaku and Modern Japan"
- "Tatsumi Hijikata and Japanese," or "Rebellion of the Body"